In commemoration of World Stroke Day, Headway-Natal is hosting an Open Day on Wednesday, 31st of October 2018. World Stroke Day is on October 29 and the purpose is to raise awareness of strokes, the condition, the treatment, and ensure better care and support for survivors. The objective of Headway Natal’s Open Day is to raise awareness on stroke prevention and showcase Headway-Natal’s services.
Headway invites survivors, families and friends (all are welcome) to join Headway members, carers and staff to a morning of talks, tour the facility, meet the staff, and visit the cafe and charity shop. Details for the event can be found below. Headway-Natal is looking forward to a very engaging open day.
- Wednesday 31st October 2018
No charge – All Welcome
- Talk by Doctor Dinita Devchand (Neurologist) 9.30 – 10.30 on the causes, effect and treatment of a stroke
- Sister Mary Ann Bernon – Advanced Wound and Stoma Therapist 10.30 – 11.00
- Bev Masson – Stroke Survivor 11.00 – 11.30
- Blood Testing by Sisters from Westville Life Hospital (at no charge) 9.30 to 12.30
- 11 Menston Road Westville
Coffee Bar, Books, Charity Shop all open for sales
Contact Nicola or Colleen: 031 266 2713/ 2709 for more information.